Bean Fritters (Koose, Akara)
- 24 oz (3 cups) Black Eye Beans
- 1/2 cup cup of water
- 3 Teaspoons POKS Extra Spicy All Purpose Seasoning
- Soak the dried black eye beans in 6 cups of water overnight.
- Drain out the water and dehull the skin of the beans either by rubbing between your palms or by using a food processor (This step is optional).
- Blend the beans, 1/2 cup water and POKS Extra Spicy All Purpose Seasoning till smooth.
- Heat up cooking oil on medium heat (Till a slice of onion placed in it sizzles promptly. Medium heat is setting 6-7 on electric stoves).
- Scoop portions of the blended mixture into the hot oil till golden brown (scooped mixture will float to the top, shortly after hitting the oil. Turn around for even cooking).
- Scoop fritters unto paper towel or parchment paper to absorb excess oil.
- Serve as breakfast with milk or porridge, an appetizer with a dip or dinner with sauce and protein.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.