Avocados are in season, with many stores selling them on sale. On our latest trip to our local grocery store, avocados were selling for 4 for $5. What better way to showcase avocado as a main star in a dish, and use them quickly before they over-ripen, than in a guacamole recipe. As you know by now, we like to give a West African twist to our recipes with POKS West African Seasonings.
We choose POKS Green Chili West African Seasoning, with its characteristic jalapeño, because it compliments and elevates the charred jalapeño notes added to the recipe, giving the guacamole a delightful fruity warmth. Cheers as you Discover FlavorFULL Goodness.
- 4 Avocados
- 1 Cup Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 Roasted Jalapeño
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 White Small Onion
- 1 Bundle of Cilantro
- 1.5 tsp POKS Green Chili West African Seasoning
- Mash the garlic, onion, and cilantro into a paste.
- Add in the lemon juice, roasted jalapeño, POKS Green Chili Seasoning and mash again.
- Add in the tomatoes, sour cream, and mash until thoroughly mixed in.
- Add in the avocado and mash till your preferred consistency (for a chunky guacamole, don't mash the avocado until smooth)