The beloved Middle Eastern dip, hummus, has become a household staple in the United States with it being a popular feature in tailgating and party tables.
Our favorite version of hummus is the red pepper hummus. So, we decided to give it a West African twist, by using POKS Red Chili West African Seasoning as the seasoning element, to give an east-meets-west flavor fusion. We also opted for evoke the color of the red chili by using red bell pepper, a perfect compliment for the POKS Red Chili Seasoning. For a smoky hummus flavor, roast the red bell pepper prior to use.
- 1/2 Red Pepper (De-seeded)
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- 1 Can Chickpeas (Drained)
- Liquid from Canned Chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbsp POKS Red Chili West African Seasoning
- Toasted Walnuts (Garnish)
- Olive Oil (Garnish)
- Blend all the non-garnish ingredients in a food processor, except for the liquid from the canned chickpeas.
- Slowly add the liquid from the chickpeas as needed until the desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and add additional spice or salt as needed.
- Garnish with some chickpeas and toasted walnuts, and a drizzle of olive oil.